Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Tipping Point of My Generation

Every once in a while I forget that if I eat anything remotely containing caffeine I can't fall asleep. So I inevitably end up downstairs in my underwear watching late night television. VH1 was the choice tonight, mostly because nothing else seemed interesting. I ended up watching the video "If Everyone Cared" by Nickleback. It's a really interesting video that reminded me that something has awakened in our generation.

We've seen artists highlight ideas about poverty, Aids, etc, but for some reason the song made me ask a different question. Have we reached a Tipping Point in our culture where something different has emerged. I keep seeing musicians, who are always the poets of any generation, bring up new ideas of mercy and grace. I saw it in My Chemical Romance, Linkin Park, and now Nickleback.

What if we have reached a tipping point? What if something has changed that will leave us with a different path to follow? What if our generation has discovered something that will produce a different world? It is possible.

No comments: