Wednesday, April 04, 2007

A Glorious Moment

I just want to draw attention to this moment in history. After spending so many years stuck in mediocrity in my fantasy baseball league (it has been almost five years since I've cracked the top five), I'm now sitting in first place. I'm enjoying this moment, the view from up here. It's good. It's fertile. The soil is so rich. People are throwing large dollar bills at me and the women are all beautiful. The sky is always blue and the champagne actually tastes good. So this is what all of you spend countless hours in front of your computer screens for, searching out the latest stats on the guy who hit .300 in AAA. I now see why you lose sleep. As God himself said, "It is very good."

Wait. What is that sound?

What? The ground is slipping out from under me. What do you mean Glavine's arm fell off? He's 10 from 300. What do you mean Gary Matthew's Jr got indicted? That was not supposed to happen. What do you mean Uggla was a one year wonder?

Oh well. It's fun while it lasts.

No comments: