Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Love Of The Father

Yesterday I had lunch at Rubio's, which is a great place for shrimp tacos, but that's another story. I was standing in line waiting to order. Behind me, in walked two young boys about 5 and 7. They had smiles on their faces and they sat down in a booth just three feet away from me. Their father came up behind me and was waiting to order as well.

The boys were very happy and were laughing with each other. Then the younger boy turned to his father and said, "I want you to sit by me."

The father replied, "Of course." The boy's face lit up as though he had just won first prize in a school race or something.

Then his older brother stood up and declared, "I want you to sit by me too."

The father just smiled and said, "Of course I will sit next to you too."

What struck me about this incident was how much the father's love brought joy to the boys. They fed off the love of their father. He was their hero. It honestly made me think about how much a father's love creates such an important foundation in our lives. It reminded me of how much my Heavenly Father loves me. I want to feed off of that and allow it to transform my life in a way that when people see me they see my hero.

Because love is that good.

No comments: